Who: Grant Thornton CPA Firms, International
What: Audit and Tax Updates, CPE and Advisories
Overview: Grant Thornton offers free email newsletters on accounting and tax topics. You can sign up for free web-based CPE, read white papers and surveys on industry and business trends and listen to audio and video podcasts.
- Site use is free, and you’re not required to register or provide personal information in most areas.
- The site loads quickly, has a simple, eye-pleasing layout, and is easy to navigate.
- The site offers portals and databases for accounting instructors, health reform and financial regulatory reform. (You may need to sign up to use them.)
- The site is updated regularly and information is timely and current.
- There’s no third-party advertising.
- The on-site search engine returns an overload of hits, with no indication of ranking, date or applicability to your search.
- Grant Thornton is a commercial accounting firm, and much of the content is geared to the non-professional, ending with a call to action (hiring the firm).
- The site collects cookies.
Opinion: Grant Thornton offers useful, timely information geared toward business and industry professionals. Public accountants will find the emailed updates and free CPE useful.
Taxing Lessons Final Grade: B
Review Policy Disclosure: Taxing Lessons receives no compensation for web site reviews and has no affiliation with the reviewed sites.