Who: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, New York
What: Accounting Publication
Overview: The web site of the Journal of Accountancy offers topical and archived articles, as well as audio and video presentations, on issues and topics of interest to practicing accountants. You can sign up for e-mail updates, or choose an RSS feed. The JOA is also on Facebook and Twitter.
- Site use is free, and you’re not required to register or provide personal information.
- The site loads quickly, has a simple, eye-pleasing layout, and is easy to navigate.
- On-site basic and advanced search is robust. You can search the entire site or just the topics that interest you.
- The articles database goes back to 1997; most are presented in html format.
- The site contains advertisements, and these ads put cookies on your computer.
- Some articles are excerpted instead of full text and you may not get the depth you want.
Opinion: The Journal of Accountancy is a useful tool for accounting professionals in all areas of accounting. While in-depth research is available to members only, the free portion of the site offers a way to stay updated on trends and topics you might otherwise overlook, such as practice management.
Taxing Lessons Final Grade: B
Review Policy Disclosure: Taxing Lessons receives no compensation for web site reviews and has no affiliation with the reviewed sites.