Who: Internal Revenue Service
What: Retirement Plan Information
Overview: The IRS Retirement Plans Navigator offers checklists and guides to help sort out retirement plan options for small business owners. You can also compare various retirement plans in a format similar to product buying sites.
- Information on nine common retirement plans is one click from the home page. For each plan, there’s information on choosing, maintaining and correcting already establishing plans.
- Site use is free, and you’re not required to register or provide personal information.
- The site loads quickly, has a simple, eye-pleasing layout, and is easy to navigate.
- The information is easy to read and informative.
- Retirement plan rules are complex and difficult to simplify, and the amount of information presented could be overwhelming.
- The glossary, while clear and helpful, is not extensive.
- Links to some off-site resources are broken.
Opinion: The site would be useful for a motivated business owner who has already discussed retirement plans with a tax advisor, or for tax preparers looking for a quick refresher on the features of different plans prior to a meeting with such a client.
Taxing Lessons Final Grade: A
Review Policy Disclosure: Taxing Lessons receives no compensation for web site reviews and has no affiliation with the reviewed sites.