Screenshot of Small Business Taxes website
Who: A/N Group, Inc. in Philadelphia, PA
What: US Tax Law and updates
Overview: Smbiz.com offers daily updates and commentary on tax court cases and tax news, special reports, and links to tax legislation.
- Site use is free.
- The site loads quickly.
- The commentary is informed, timely, useful and relevant, and the reference section offers quick links to information preparers can use every day, such as vehicle standard mileage rates and depreciation limits, both current and historical.
- The site has been on line since 1999 (according to the past issues), and is updated five days a week.
- The site contains advertisements, and these ads put cookies on your computer.
- The site appears to have no search engine, and is not particularly user friendly.
- Site layout makes individual sections difficult to read.
Opinion: Smbiz.com is worth a look if you need to find common information quickly or want to scan the “News and Tip of the Day” feature for a brief update of current tax news.
Taxing Lessons Final Grade: B-
Review Policy Disclosure: Taxing Lessons receives no compensation for web site reviews and has no affiliation with the reviewed sites.