Who: BKD LLP, Springfield, MO (national office)
What: Tax and Financial News
Overview: BKD, a CPA and consulting firm, offers job opportunities, webcasts and news of interest to accounting practitioners. You can sign up for free webcasts to earn continuing professional education credits, as well as newsletters and alerts about tax, accounting and auditing developments.
- Articles are free to read, and you’re not required to register or provide personal information, unless you choose to watch videos or sign up for newsletters.
- The site loads quickly, has a simple, eye-pleasing layout, and is easy to navigate.
- Information is sub-categorized on the home page by industry.
- It’s a commercial site, designed for potential clients.
- Site search is quick, but results are of moderate quality.
Opinion: BKD offers a useful way to stay up-to-date on tax news. Practitioners will get the most value by subscribing to updates and registering for webcasts to obtain credits for continuing professional education.
Taxing Lessons Final Grade: B
Review Policy Disclosure: Taxing Lessons receives no compensation for web site reviews and has no affiliation with the reviewed sites.